“The earth sustains human life. We’ve seen how our stewardship of natural resources can improve quality of life and increase engagement in our local communities. Our environment is more than a background: it’s our home. And we’re committed to caring for it.” Lions International
What has the Stirling and District Lions Club done to help the local environment?
- We recycle!
- A Guest Speaker from Quinte Waste Solutions came to one of our dinner meetings to teach us about our municipal recycling program and how we can use it in our hall.
- We have a pop can recycling program as a fundraiser
- We have a cigarette recycling program through TerraCycle as a fundraiser
- Lions Park
- We host a community garden for local residents to grow their own vegetables
- We are working on planting native pollinator plants in the Lions Park for the health of Rawdon creek, which flows by the park and to add to the local biodiversity
- Environmental Service Projects
- For three years in a row, we’ve sold rain barrels for water conservation
- We’ve adopted a local road to keep litter free